Here is another recent find of a seller on eBay selling FAKE TOMEI PRODUCTS. This time on eBay UK! The sellers ID is “track_day_spare”. He/She or it, should change their name to “track_day_fakes”.
Click on the above image to enlarge.
This seller even stated
***This TOMEI fuel regulator is supplied with a free pressure gauge for installation!***
yes…. a clear sign of a fake. Tomei never offers free fuel pressure gauges to our dealers, so why would they offer that too, on top of the heavily discounted Fuel Pressure Regulator.
This is the genuine Tomei Fuel Pressure Gauge
The above eBay links will only be available to view for up to 90 days of the end of that action.
Other items “track_day_spare” is selling on eBay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/track_day_spare/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
The signs of a fake Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator
– Price listed under $108.00 USD for the Fuel Pressure Regulator alone.
– Free Pressure gauge offered
– Free shipping
– Sellers Location (Singapore, Malaysia and any Asian countries in that region are a good sign of a fake item source) But recently eBay sellers in the UK, the USA & Australia are buying from those sellers and relisting on ebay in other countries.
This seller says they are in the UK.
DO NOT TRUST the images used on the listing, as sellers often use our images (which are readily available for download off our website) and they send the fake item out.
If you have accidentially purchased a fake fuel pressure regulator, DO NOT USE it on your engine. You save a little, but then destroy your engine, which is worse?
WHAT TO DO
– Request for an immediate refund to the seller,
– make a claim to eBay
– make a claim to Paypal (if you had used paypal to pay for the item)
– CONTACT US (So we can publicly announce it for the rest of the general public to know, YES you can remain anonymous!)
For all your Chinese FAKE products, contact this seller on eBay
Thank you to our Tomei Supporter to Mr. I.T. who all sent us the link and information on this seller.